Happy Friday! A couple things before we get into this delish salad:
1. This is the first day I feel like writing a post because Emmett and I have been sick with colds all week. Colds in summer should be illegal!
2. It’s been in the 90’s here all week! Steamy, humid and hot. Perfect weather for jumping in the new pool!
3. Emmett rolled from his stomach to his back yesterday for the first time! He only did it once and he hasn’t been able to recreate his success (yet!) but I know he’s going to be a little rolling machine in no time. He’s also working on his back to stomach skills 🙂
Okay, now on to this salad! There are a couple things about this Kale Caesar Pasta Salad that make it a winner:
1. Roasted cherry tomatoes. I’m not a huge fan of tomatoes in general, but these cherry tomatoes roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper were so good I would eat them whole in the salad (which I never do!)
2. Ken’s Steakhouse dressing. This is the only brand of dressing we buy at our house and it just happens to be the dressing the recipe calls for. So yummy!
3. The kale! I was a little nervous about making the salad with kale because I was afraid it would be bitter. It totally wasn’t! The best thing about the kale (besides how good it is for you) is how well it stood up the next day! Because it’s such a hearty green, it didn’t wilt even when it was tossed in the dressing overnight. The salad leftovers were just as good the next day!
A couple little notes about kale. In the past, I’ve bought precut kale in a bag for salads I was making. This time I bought fresh kale and chopped it up myself. It was so much better because I was able remove the thick stems. I looked up a quick tutorial on how to clean kale and it couldn’t have been easier. I removed the stems and chopped the leaves into small bites. I think I prefer kale to spinach now that I know how easy it is to use. And yes I know I’m a little late to board the kale train 🙂