Maybe it’s because it’s awards season, or maybe its because I can’t stand up for long periods of time (haha), but Ryan and I have been hitting up the movies like crazy. We’ve seen all but two movies that are nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards, and not like our opinions really mean anything, but in case your curious, here’s how we’d rank the ones we’ve seen and a quick 3 word review.
In order of best to worst (in our humble opinion):
1. Whiplash – unique, intense, and funny (in a dark way).
2. Boyhood – real, introspective, and touching
3. The Grand Budapest Hotel – quirky, colorful and fun
4. The Imitation Game – interesting, dramatic, thought-provoking
5. Birdman – almost indescribable, leaves you saying “huh?” (okay more than 3 words)
6. American Sniper – disjointed but likable
The two we haven’t seen yet are Selma and The Theory of Everything. Honestly, out of all of the movies we have seen, we really did enjoy all of them. Obviously I don’t have a career as a movie critic, but there ya go 🙂