Happy Friday! Weekends are for eating out right? At our house lately, almost every day of the week is for eating out. Not good! The good news is that there are tons of restaurant copycat recipes online that taste just like the real thing that are so much better for you (and cheaper) then eating out all the time! Here are some of my favorites that we’ve tried and loved at our house. In no particular order….
1. If you know me, you know I LOVE cream cheese puffs from LeeAnn Chin. Unfortunately, you can’t find LeeAnn Chin’s outside of the Midwest and other wontons just don’t do it for me. However, I made this easy recipe from Pioneer Woman and got my cream cheese puff fix that tastes just like the real deal from my girl LeeAnn.
2. Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup – with no “cream of crap” condensed soups!
3. PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Knock Off – healthy and super delicious! Ryan likes to top these with additional peanut sauce, but I don’t think it’s necessary. Use ground chicken or turkey to keep it lean.
4. Homemade Burrito Bowls – I might have shared this recipe before but it’s worth sharing again! The cilantro lime rice in this recipe is a dead ringer for the Chipotle version.
5. Another Panera knock-off! This time for the Asian Sesame Chicken Salad that I can’t get enough of.
BONUS – freezer take out, fake outs that our family loves! Both from Trader Joe’s, both are cheap and not loaded in calories! When I worked in an office, I would often take potstickers for lunch. They are so easy to make in the microwave and a serving size is 6 or 7 which is a filling lunch!
There are so many other Take Out Fake Out recipes that I’ve pinned that I need to try – I’ll let you know if I find any other winners! Have a great weekend!