We are in our last week of our Minnesota trip and have been so busy that I haven’t had much of a chance to post! I spent some quality time with my grandparents on this trip though and wanted to make sure that I remember this time with them.
After spending a solid week with my grandparents, here are some observations I’ve made about the older generation in my family:
1. Talking about the weather is always a good topic of discussion. Bonus points of you keep the Weather Channel on all day to promote these conversations.
2. Air conditioning is for wussies. 85 degrees inside the house? That’s a little on the chilly side.
3. 4:30 is Jeopardy time and it is seriously so much fun (I’m not even kidding about this one!) I felt like the smartest person alive when I got a whole category right one night. Sure the category was “Stores in a Mall”, but so what!
4. Summer Sausage is a meat meant for all meals of the day. Grandpa Arn likes his for lunch while Grandpa Milo fried his up for breakfast .
5. The tv volume is always SO loud but it’s only fair that it be loud so everyone can hear it. We all need to be able to laugh at the jokes on Big Bang Theory.
We will all hopefully be old grandparents one day and will have our own funny quirks (probably the same ones I listed here)! I’m so happy that I was able to spend so much time learning what my grandparents’ are on this trip 🙂