Well, it’s officially been a week since I left my job to help Ryan wrap things up here before we move South. Here’s what things are looking like around here (It’s pretty much a disaster zone. Chaos everywhere).
In the past 7 days, I’ve made 7 observations/realizations that I want to document:
1. I TOTALLY underestimated how much work this was going to be!
2. I TOTALLY underestimated how much time everything takes to do.
3. I am super weak, hence I kind of suck at moving.
4. I finally understand why Ryan basically wears the same outfit to work everyday for a week – you’re just going to get dirty and sweaty the next day again so why not?
5. 12 hour days of manual labor is seriously physically exhausting. The days I was spending at the office were a breeze compared to what Ryan does all day!
6. When I get bored or frustrated with what we’re doing, I just pretend we’re on an HGTV show. Yesterday when we were trying to jack up our the house, it was basically like This Old House.
7. I have to say, even though each day is longer and physically tiring, I haven’t missed my old job very much at all!
The fact that we have a boat on the ocean waiting for us in South Carolina pushes us to work so hard each day. If that isn’t motivation I don’t know what is.